Thursday, May 6, 2010

They are almost here!!!!

Hi all,
The count down to the final days is here!  Matt, Sarah, Kaylin & Shane are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  They are flying in on Friday, May 14th and will be staying with us for the 1st week and then will go to Matt's parents for the 2nd week.  I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to their visit.  There is so much to do and not enough time in the day to do it.  I have a list to work off of, but I keep adding more things to buy or something that I need to do before everyone arrives.  I & Sean have taken vacaton for the week they are staying with us.  Unfortunatly, John doesn't have any more vacation, not until after June 18th.
We ended up buying a day trundle bed to put into Sarah's old room.  We already have a twin bed in there, so Sean will be sleeping in that.  The kids will have the trundle bed to sleep in.  Last year when they were here, Kaylin was in the twin & Shane was in the Pack-in-Play, but he's too big for that now, so I think that trundle will work out very nicely.
Here are some pictures of the trundle bed, 1st one is of it closed up and the 2nd one is it pulled out:


Shane's going to be 2 year's old on May 20th and we are going to have a small birthday party for him on Sunday.  Just the grandparents and uncles and aunts.  Hopefully it will be a nice day because we are planning on BBQ'ing.
This weekend we have to make room in the garage so we can store the bunkbeds that Matt & Sarah are buying for Kaylin & Shane.  The same people that we bought the trundle bed from have a set of really nice bunkbeds for sale and Sarah & Matt asked us to buy the beds for them to use when they move back to the States in the fall.  So we will store them at our house until then.
Here is a picture of them:

I have been working on some more jewelry, this time it's for Kaylin.  Mostly for Kaylin, but I did make a bracelet for Shane to wear.  John made sure that it looked "manly".  I took a picture and I hope they like the jewelry.  Everything there is for Kaylin, except the bracelet in the lower right (blue & green) for Shane.  He can't be left out.


So, that's it for now, tomorrow we probably will go out to eat for supper, maybe a fish fry somewhere, then do some Grandkid shopping (that's always so fun) !!!
And to all the Mother's reading this, HAPPY MOTHER's DAY on Sunday.
Have a great day.


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Thanks Deb, and Happy Mothers day to you also, those are really nice beds, can't wait to see Sarah and Matt and the kids. Glad you and Sean are able to take vacation to spend the week with them.