Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kaylin & Shane Sleep Over

Hi All,
Last Saturday Sarah, Kaylin, Shane & Audra came over for a visit, and got to our house around 10AM.  We had lunch and had a nice visit with Sarah.  Sarah and I also were talking about going to the Renaissance Fair next weekend.  I love going to that fair!  It is so fun if you are into that type of fun.  It's all about the Queen of course and there is also a kids kingdom that has alot of kids activities that would have been played during medieval times. The employees dress up in medievel costume and stroll the grounds playing some role for the day and try to make you feel like you are in that world for a few hours. 
Shane asked me if he and Kaylin could sleep over when he talked to me on the phone last week so they were all excited about their sleepover and helped me get their beds ready in their bedroom.  I have a trundle daybed in there and they helped pull the bottom bunk out and make their beds. Sarah & Audra stayed until around 3PM and then left to go home.  Matt was at a golf outing in Illinois with his family. 
We had tacos for supper and then I, Kaylin, Shane & Bailey went for walk.  We got back and then cleaned up all the toys so we could make the favorite POPCORN and watch a move before bedtime. 














Shane picked the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks".  I made 2 big bowls of popcorn with our up north popcorn seasoning (butter salt)  from the popcorn store.  Shane and I shared a bowl and Kaylin & Papa shared the other one. 



























We got through about 1/2 of the movie when I saw that Shane was starting to yawn and get real snuggly.  So I thought we had better get PJ's on & brush teeth, before they fell asleep.  So we paused the movie and hurried up and got ready for bed.  Then we started the movie up again and watched it to the end.  Both bowls of popcorn were eaten.  Both kids are popcorn fanatics as am I.  Sarah is too.  She took some unpopped popcorn home with her so she didn't have to stop at the store to pick some up.  After the movie, they said goodnight to Papa and I took the kids upstairs to go to bed.  We read 2 Bernstein Bears books, and then each got tucked into their beds.  We sang Silent Night 2 times and by then both were asleep.  Bailey was curled up down on the end of Shane's bed too. I had to wake her up to go downstairs.  The kids slept through the night just fine.
Sunday morning I awoke just before 5AM and I heard some talking.  I think it was Kaylin talking to herself.  Then she stopped and I thought she went back to sleep.  I got up and went downstairs to get my coffee.  As I turned around to go downstairs to the family room, there were both kids sitting on the stairs going down from the bedrooms.  They definitely were awake and ready to play.  I asked them if they wanted anything to eat or drink and both said no not right now. We went downstairs and I turned on the TV and found on Nickelodeon a kids show for them to watch.  They did get some toys out too to play with.  Bailey had to go potty outside so I took her out, it was sprinkling a little and she didn't want to go off the deck.  I shooed her off the deck and tried to hurry her up so we all didn't get too wet.  Both kids were outside too standing underneath the overhang of the house trying to stay dry.  Bailey ran off the deck finally and did what she needed to do and ran back up.  By then it was coming down pretty hard and Baily was pretty wet.  We all got in the house and then all of a sudden, it started lightening and thundering and it started rain so hard that you could hardly see outside !  The rain gutter outside the patio door was overflowing.  We took Bailey upstairs so I could get a towel to dry her off.  Kaylin wanted to help me dry Bailey off, but Bailey didn't want anything to do with that.  I think she was scared as to what Kaylin was trying to do.  So I held Bailey while Kaylin dried her very soft and gentle and then Bailey was dried enough.
John got up later and then made some pancakes for the kids.  I took my shower as Kaylin laid on our bed waiting for me to be done.  She helped me go through my earring drawer in my jewelry cabinet finding earrings to throw out that I don't wear anymore.  She also picked out a pair that she wanted me to wear for the day.  She ended up picking out and old pair from my Grandmother that I had picked out from her jewelry box after she passed away.  I don't think I've ever worn them, but there is always a first. After we were done there, Shane got dressed, I ironed Kaylin's dress that she wanted to wear today and then we went outside to play and ride bikes.  By that time the rain had stopped and blue sky was peaking through. After we did that for a while, Kaylin found the croquet game in the garage.  I got 2 of the mallets and the kids picked out the color of the ball they wanted to play with.  They played with them hitting the balls up and down the driveway. 



























I didn't want them playing on the grass because it was so wet.  Well, after someone (Shane) got hit in the head with a mallet as she (Kaylin) was swinging to whack her ball, we decided that we should just roll the balls back and forth to each other.  He was ok, just took a few kisses from Grandma and just a little crying and he was ok and started playing again..WHEW! He does have a goose egg to show for it though.  Tough little guy....
I stood in front of the garage and both kids were rolling their balls toward me to roll and/or kick back to them on the driveway.  We went into the house to get a snack and then I brought out a box of leftover toys I had bought for the little kids at our family reunion last year.  I still haven't found a place to put these luau decorations yet, they are still sitting in my living room, the result of still putting things away from our remodeling project this past spring.  Oh well, it will get done.... Anyway, in this box there were some squirt guns and thank goodness there were 2 of them.  Both kids wanted theirs filled with water, so I filled up a bucket of water outside and then they could fill them up themselves instead of coming in the house every 5 min for more fill ups.  There was also a toy that had 2 little spinning wheels that you put on a gun-like part and then you pulled a string and it makes the spinner fly off into the air.  Well,  I didn't think ahead about this and had the kids standing on the deck playing with it.  Shane had his turn and guess where it went?? Yes, you probably guessed...up into the rain gutter.  So both kids ran into the house yelling "Papa help, Papa help, we need you to get it out of the gutter".  Unfortunately, John was in the bathroom taking a shower, so the kids had to sit patiently waiting for him to get done.  FINALLY......he came downstairs and they went out with him to get the ladder so he could get it out.  While he was up there, he also looked at the gutter so see what he had to do to fix it to stop the leaking right in front of the Patio door.  In the Winter/Spring time ice cycles form there and one of these times they may pull down the gutter. 
We sold our water heater that we replaced with a power vented one to Sarah & Matt.  Theirs is an older one and ours is only 5 years old.  So John loaded it up on the trailer and we then left around 1PM to take it over to Sarah & Matt's house. 














The kids fell asleep as soon as the truck started moving.  We got to their house and Kaylin woke up right away, but Shane still was sleeping.  John & Matt unloaded the water heater and then Shane woke up.  We visited awhile and then left for home around 4PM.
It was a wonderful weekend with the kids and a nice visit with Sarah, Matt & Audra.
One more pictue....Bailey relaxing after the whirlwind of having the kids here.  And if you can believe this...John is the one that covered her up..... LOL














Sean did not come down this weekend, he wanted to get Leo & Axel (Ax for short) LOL ....acquainted better with each other.  I had mentioned in earlier posts that he was getting a room mate,  Plans changed since then and that did not happen.  Sean became a volunteer at the human society, and the 1st day found this little kitten that he just couldn't resist taking home with him.  He has always wanted to get a friend for Leo so now he's trying to get them to know each other.  It's going ok, there has been some hissing and a few swipes at each other, but nothing drastic. 
Have a good week.

No comments: